Hot sauce is a great companion to us all in times of need. Whether you need to make your food spicier with a kick or you just want to spice up your life a little, there are many types of hot sauce that are always by your side. Friends come and go, but hot sauce is forever. Here are 10 reasons why hot sauce is your ride or die.

10. You think of ways you can incorporate hot sauce in breakfast, lunch and dinner (and sometimes even dessert).

hot sauce

Photo courtesy of ap.org

Is it appropriate to have hot sauce on everything? Of course, I am an adult. I can make my own life choices.

9. You have trouble picking your favorite hot sauce because you use specific hot sauces for different food combinations (i.e. Cholula with chicken, Sriracha with eggs, etc.).

hot sauce

Photo by Briana Jones

Because why pick one when you can have ’em all? Gotta catch ’em all.

8. Friends make fun of you for drowning your food in hot sauce.

hot sauce

Photo by Lauren Beane

It’s not you’re fault you’re cool. They just don’t understand how good it is. It’s the new thing. Everyone drowns their food with hot sauce — they’re just behind in the trends, and it’s definitely trending.

7. You sometimes refer to yourself as a “hot sauce connoisseur” with expertise on specific hot sauce tastes.

hot sauce

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

You say Cholula is hot? Nah. It’s more on the tangy side.

6. When you talk about types of red chili peppers, people get confused that you’re instead referring to the band from the early 2000s.

hot sauce

Photo courtesy of clashmusic.com

Hey oh, listen to what I say yo (and I was actually talking about those spicy thing called peppers that are in hot sauce…).

5. You have a bottle of a hot sauce at hand (or in keychain form) as a just-in-case at all times.

hot sauce

Photo courtesy of budgettravel.com

Because you never know when your food will need hot sauce. Parties and certain restaurants might not have hot sauce available, so you are just being extra prepared.

4. Your friends complain that you’re addicted to hot sauce, but you just shrug off the haters.

hot sauce

Photo courtesy of thesassysmurf.wordpress.com

I’m sorry, I can’t help myself. It’s just too damn yummy on top of everything. #TeamHotSauce

3. Whenever you talk about anything related to hot sauce, you get really hyped and start going on a huge tangent.

hot sauce

Photo courtesy of funnypicture.org

“Yeah..the first time I tried Tapatío was a mind blowing experience and I mean MIND BLOWING. It exposed me to the many wonders of hot sauce. I can never imagine my life without hot sauce. It is my destiny.”

2. You get excited when you finish a bottle of hot sauce, because, duh, YOU CAN GET A WHOLE NEW ONE.

hot sauce

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Hot sauce trips to the grocery store.

1. Friends can’t trust you on your spice meter. What’s hot to them is considered mild to you.

hot sauce

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

Nothing spicy phases me. My spice tolerance is through the roof. For others. though, it’s too hot for them to handle. They should just stick with ketchup if that’s the case…rookies.