If plain old study guides and flashcards aren’t getting you those straight A’s, try adding these five foods to your diet. Research shows that eating these foods on a regular basis can help amp up your memory and lead to that 4.0 GPA you’ve been dreaming about.

1. Berries

Grab your favorite types of berries by the handful because these have been shown to increase sharpness and processing speed of our brains. Spice up your mornings by adding berries to your oatmeal, smoothies, yogurt, or even cereal.

2. Avocados

Can you say, “Pass the guac?” Avocados contain healthy fats that are great for protecting the cells in our brains. So hit up Chipotle more often and don’t be afraid to ask for extra guacamole because we all know you want it.

Photo by Molly Krohe

3. Coffee

Even though this morning energizer gets a bad rap, it has many benefits for our brains. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system that makes sure your brain keeps functioning as it should. This is just some additional support you need to fuel your Starbucks addiction.

4. Wine

Yes, you read that correctly. I’m not saying that slapping the bag every night is a solution to getting good grades, but pour yourself a glass or two in the name of better brain functioning. And you thought Wine Wednesdays were hurting your GPA…

5. Chocolate

With an impact on mood, learning, cognition and memory, chocolate should be eaten guilt-free. The better grades you’ll get from stuffing your face with chocolate on a daily basis will cancel out all the calories. I’m sure of it.

Photo by Katelyn Jones

I recommend keeping the intake of wine outside of the library scene, but bring the other brain boosters as snacks to fuel your brain for the all-nighters in the library. Unfortunately, you’re still going to have to study, but by adding these foods you will hopefully be on that fast track towards an A.